24 June 2008

Kung Fu Connor

On Saturday morning, I took Connor to the movies to go see Kung Fu Panda. We have taken Connor to the movies before. Once when he was really little to see Over the Hedge (so he doesn't remember that). Also, not too long ago we took him to see the Bee Movie. However, that was at the dollar movie and the place is kind of run down. He did think it was cool to watch a movie on such a big "T.V." though. I took him, to the Provo Towne Centre Mall to go to the movie this time, so it was kind of like his first real movie experience (big theater with stadium seating). We went to the mall and walked around until it was almost time for the movie and then we went to the theater. He was in awe when we walked in and he saw all the movie promo cut outs and stuff. Then we went to the arcade where he got to drive an auto, or at least he thought he was (It's so great he is still young enough that just playing with the steering wheel and pedals are enough for him). Then we went to the concession stand to get some popcorn and a drink. This was a highlight, because as soon as I told him we were getting popcorn and a drink, he proceeded to tell me (really loudly too) that he wanted, as he put it "porn". I was quick to correct him and tell him it is pop-corn. It was no use; at least my correcting him was useful in letting the people around me know that my son does not want to watch porn but to eat popcorn. Crazy! Anyway, we went into our theater and he loved the previews and watching the movie and he almost made it through the whole thing. At the end as the final battle scene is beginning he leans over to me and says, "I want to go." I ask if he wants to watch the rest of the movie and then go and he replies, "No, I want to go, bye Roar!" turning toward the screen and continues to tell the "Roar" (the bad guy who was a leopard) bye. So I gather up our stuff and we go to the ramp at the side of the theater that leads to the exit and ask him again if he wants to watch the rest of the movie and then go and he turns and runs for the door. I do know that he did have a good time though because as soon as we left he was talking nonstop about going to see the bear. Also, today as we went out to do some shopping he asked if we were going to watch the bear. I have to be thankful that he is not old enough that when he sees a kung fu movie he wants to pretend he knows kung fu (He is still leaving all that to his dad right now).

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad you took our 2 year old out for fighting and porn.

Just kidding...I know Connor had a blast with you and it was nice to have that time at home alone by myself. Maybe having all boys won't be too bad at all...when we seperate to do "boy's only things" or "girls only things" I get the time to relax and do whatever I want while you battle two rambunctious little creatures.

Shirley said...

This is so cute! I hope that we can do that BBQ thing with you and Mark before you move. I haven't even seen Connor talk and he sounds like so much fun! I hear that movie is pretty cool. I hope you get to see the ending soon. :)