12 June 2008

Calvin and Hobbes

I have recently rediscovered one of my favorite comics from my childhood and I see it in a whole new light. I always loved reading Calvin and Hobbes, and the other day I was online and there was a picture of the two and Calvin reminded me of Connor, so I decided to search for any pdf files of comic strips. I found a few and have been reading them at work and I can see Connor in Calvin and the way his little imagination works. Granted, Connor is only 2 and Calvin is 6, so Connor has some time to develop more elaborate imaginations. Until then I can help prepare myself by reading up on Calvin and Hobbes.





Now, this leads me to another small rant more so from my teenage years. As I started to drive there started to appear more stickers on the back of peples cars and trucks thet were of Calvin and he was peeing on something. I think it started with him peeing on the Ford Truck logo. Now you can get them with almost anything under the sun being peed on. I have seen every car company logo to an ex spouse to Osama Bin Ladden. Now I agree that Calvin was a rambunctious kid, but I don't like the fact thet he is now known more for peeing on things then for his love of his stuffed tiger, Hobbes.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry I took so long to comment on this blog post...but I totally love it.

I think it's a good idea to dress Connor up like Calvin and James up like Hobbes for Halloween. They'd be so cute.

And I agree about the urinating Calvin...it's totally ridiculous.

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.