Our three year old cat, Bevo, is such a mama's boy. He will only cuddle with Anna. Even if I pick him up he wants to be put down, and when I pet him he will usually start to bat at my hand and try to get it as if I'm playing with him. We have always figured that he looks to Anna for nurturing and to me for play. Which is fine with me, I like to play with him and I can be thankful as well because sometimes he is overwhelming to Anna in how often he just wants to be on her cuddling. However, there is a moment when he reverts back to being a little kitten and that is when there are thunderstorms, even just a light rain will cause him to crouch down and look for his dad for protection. He will curl up under my arm and stay there until the rain has stopped and he feels safe to be on his own again. This is because when we first got him Anna was still working and one night she was at work and I was at home and there was a big thunderstorm and I just held the little guy and every time the lightning stuck he would hide his little head under my arm and I guess he felt secure at that moment. So when the thunder strikes he is just looking for that same security. It makes me feel good that he feels safe in my arms and that I can provide a sense of safety for the little guy.
22 week Anatomy Scan
9 years ago


2 comments:
Bevo is hillarious...and one emotional cat. I think it's cute when he hides in your arms during a storm. I wonder what he'll do in Texas when it rains and you're at work.
Boy that will be interesting when you move to Texas. He is such a fun cat.
Post a Comment