03 August 2008

My First Medical Procedure... Well Sort Of

So Anna noticed today that the nurse who removed the staples from her c-section had left one of them in. It was starting to irritate her and there was possibility of infection if it was left in until her Dr. visit. She was going to try to pull it out, however that would have caused some problems. So I sterilized some small wire cutters we have and she lifted the staple with some tweezers and I cut it off. We figured I would get alot of oportunites to do this as an intern, but I will always remember the first time I removed a staple. I taped the staple to a piece of paper and gave it to Anna as a keepsake so when I am a famous Doctor it will be worth lots of money (yeah right).

2 comments:

Anna said...

Awesome job! Just don't tell our Doctor that we took it out ourselves...even though I'm sure you did it practically the exact same way the nurse did it last week. I'm glad I will always be your first staple removal.

Cotton Queen said...

HOLY cow you two are GOOD! Isn't it great to have a future doctor in the house! :)