27 October 2008

I Cast My Vote!

I voted today. Let me first say that I am a registered republican and voted likewise except for the presidential candidate. When I was 18 I registered as a Republican and have remained a registered member of the Grand Old Party. However, not long after I got married, Anna asked me if I really knew what both republicans and democrats really stood for. I didn't really know, because I had been raised in a family where republicans stood for good and democrats stood for bad. After researching the two parties I found I stand somewhere in the middle of the two, and I don't believe either one is bad. I support the family values of the GOP but am also for progression and the social welfare represented by the democratic party. So my hope for this election is that Obama wins the presidential race and the republicans take control of the house and senate. I strongly feel Obama represents the values I want represented.I also wanted to say, because I have heard it way too much, Obama does not equal socialism, in fact due to following the democratic primaries I found he is very far from it because some of the other candidates' platforms were very socilistic. I think it is very uninteligent to believe every whim. I feel I have tried very hard to get the facts about the candidates, of what their policies are from the sources themselves. (If you want medical advice you don't ask a lawer, you go to a doctor! a.k.a. strait to the source.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! It's a great country we live in and a great privelege of vote how we want too. And the important part is that we do vote.

Meg said...

SO thankful that we can vote! What a blessing!

Joy said...

all I can say is, don't you want to be a doctor? The healthcare he is wanting to implement will screw you over. You would be working for the government if you are DR. Marcus Poole!!!
Oh well, he won, I am happy, i guess, at least something will change, for better or worse, I just hope the healthcare thing takes years and years, or never for that matter!

Marcus said...

Actually I would not be getting skrewed over, I would be freed up to be able to treat more freely becuse there would not be the battle of trying to treat uninsured patients. Plus his healthcare plan is not making doctors goverment employees it is just opening up the same health care plans that public officals recieve to those who don't have insurance offered through their employer.

Anonymous said...

go private,will ya