I just got back from the National Conference for Undergraduate Research that was held at Salisbury University in Maryland. I, along with my research partner Steve Namanny presented on the research we had done looking at comparisons between Exercise and Grade Point Averages at UVSC. We had a good trip, however we stayed out in Ocean City which is about a half hour from Salisbury on the coast and about 20 degrees colder this time o
f year. So we would be in mid 70s while at the conference and then get back to the hotel and it would be in the 50s and foggy. We still had fun though. A couple of other guys from our department (Matt Barny and Michael Leavitt) went swimming in the ocean every day. I only went in one day and only up to my knees (it was too cold to go any further). Over all the conference was good. UVSC was the second most represented school there (next to only Salisbury University, the host school). Also, the research and presentations done by the UVSC students was superior to those done by the other students from the other schools. So it was definitely a chance to have some school pride. I am glad to be home and back to my family now, and the exciting thing is we are less then two weeks from graduation.
f year. So we would be in mid 70s while at the conference and then get back to the hotel and it would be in the 50s and foggy. We still had fun though. A couple of other guys from our department (Matt Barny and Michael Leavitt) went swimming in the ocean every day. I only went in one day and only up to my knees (it was too cold to go any further). Over all the conference was good. UVSC was the second most represented school there (next to only Salisbury University, the host school). Also, the research and presentations done by the UVSC students was superior to those done by the other students from the other schools. So it was definitely a chance to have some school pride. I am glad to be home and back to my family now, and the exciting thing is we are less then two weeks from graduation.

2 comments:
Hooray for you Hub! Not only did you go to NCUR but you also updated your blog! I couldn't be more proud! Keep it up.
I am so excited for you Marc! Thanks for updating FINALY! It is amazing what you have accomplished and we are sooooo proud of you, Anna, Connerman and little Jeremy! Keep up the good work and just think a few more weeks and it is offical with the graduation. Sorry we can't be there but Mom and Dad are proxy. It is such a big day!
Post a Comment