So yesterday I turned in my final final. It was for a Senior Seminar class, which in all reality was kind of a waste of time. We had to write a subjective paper about how we have changed since starting college. I was taking my time considering this assignement but then I discussed with a majority of people in the class and found out no one had written more than a page and since there was no amount assigned that we should write I wrote down some thoughts in about 15 minutes. It was one of the easiest finals I have ever had, even easier than my basketball final.
So, here it is...
My Final Final
Considering it was almost 13 years ago that I first took a college course there have been a lot of changes to my life. From a spirited and almost brash 18 year old who was seeking just for people to notice him to a quiet spoken loving husband and father. I can look at many experiences that have brought me to who I am today. Some have to do directly with my higher educational experience while others have more to do with other opportunities taken. Some of these opportunities include being a head basketball coach by the age of 20 and discovering how my competitive drive would lead me to be an undesirable person. At the age of 21 leaving everything I had worked for behind to give of myself for two years in another country and learning what quiet dignity was. Returning home and making decisions to become that quietly dignified person and seek to help others improve themselves and be the best person they could be. Leading myself to opportunities to teach and work with youth trying to find out who they are and being able to help them. I was able to teach High School seminary classes and also was a coordinator for BYU’s Especially for Youth program. Most of all and what I feel the most important thing I have learned in the past 13 years was how to trust the Lord and follow where He leads you. I eventually found myself at Utah Valley State College and realized it was just where I needed to be. The experience here has been wonderful and I think the best for me in providing me the opportunity to learn but also to expand myself and seek more opportunities. It was here that I came to realize why I was so interested in athletics and found a passion for understanding the human body and realizing I really can do whatever I so desire regardless the obstacles that stand in the way.
22 week Anatomy Scan
9 years ago


3 comments:
VERY VERY VERY good!
What great inner-spection. You are a great father and some one with a quiet demeanor. And I am so glad that you have discovered that you can do anything you desire to do and so you next educational pursuits will likewise be accomplished. Your Dad and I are very proud of your accomplishments. But, back to the husband and fatherhood thing. You surely were led to the experiences that brought Anna into your life and even the patience with which the Lord had blessed you had a way of being developed and what a difference she has made in your life and I think you in hers. We are a blessed father to have the 2 of you and Connor and soon James (and the 2 furry guys) in our family. We love you and it was great being with you last week.
You got a A in my grade book!!! I just love being a part of such an awesome family!!
Post a Comment